Saturday, May 17, 2014

Home Made Nut Butter Cups


My husband loves peanut butter. I love peanut butter (or any nut butter) and chocolate. But I have been trying to stay away from sugar on a daily basis. Every now and then I allow myself a sweet treat, but most of the time I still try to make it somewhat healthy. So I decided to make my own nut butter cups. Instead of just chocolate and peanut butter, I made a crust that added a little more chew and a whole lot more satisfaction!

Ingredients
3/4 shredded organic unsweetened coconut
1/2 cups organic almonds or cashews
3 tablespoons organic cacao powder
1/8 tsp coarse sea salt
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup pitted dates

Mix all together in a food processor until a gritty texture.
Press into an 8x8 pan or press into muffin baking cups if you want to make your own individual "PB cups"
Freeze for 10 minutes

Take out of freezer and layer on favorite nut butter: My favorite is almond. But cashew or peanut butter tastes fantastic too. Make the layer about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
Freeze for 5 minutes.
Melt 1.5 - 88% organic dark chocolate bars (or whatever your favorite chocolate is) with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, over low heat until completely melted. Stir often.
Pull pan out of the freezer and pour melted chocolate and coconut oil mix over the nut butter.
Freeze for another 10 minutes. Pull out and serve immediately. Do lot let these treats sit out too long or they will melt.
Store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment