Here are 11 healthful tips on how to eat so that you may digest your food optimally. If you have digestive issues and/or feel super tiered after you eat, these tips will help your digestive system come back into balance. How you eat is just as important as what you eat.
- Eat in a quiet, settled atmosphere
- Offer some sort of blessing or thought of gratitude towards your food before you eat
- Only eat when you are hungry
- Wait until previous meal is digested before you put anything else in your mouth (besides water). Usually give your stomach 4-5 hours in between meals
- Chew your food thoroughly and eat at a moderate pace
- Sip 4-6 oz of warm water with a meal. Stay away from iced and carbonated beverages with your meal
- Eat to a point of comfort. Eat to satisfaction, not full.
- Postpose eating if you are upset
- Always sit down to eat (sitting in the car does NOT count)
- Eat around the same time every day
- Rest for a few minutes after each meal, laying on your left side will also help with digestion after a meal.
Try a handful of these recommendations until they become habit and then layer on a few more. Your digestion should get better and stronger by following these tips.